How to organize the transport from and to the airport of Alicante?
You’ve bought a marvellous (second) home at the Costa Blanca and now you’re wondering how to travel from and to the airport of Alicante in the most practical way. It’s a question many people ask themselves and the answer actually isn’t that difficult…
1. if you have your own car in Spain or are considering buying one:
There’s a great deal of parking lots near the airport of Alicante, some of which have a Meet & Greet service. The parking lots generally are situated a bit further from the terminal but are a very good and much more affordable alternative than the official airport parking lots. Some affordable parking options are:
Plane Parking of Seguro Parking
These are short- and long-term parking areas right beside the terminal of Alicante. These car parks have 24/7 security and provide a special airport service to make your travels even more effortless: when booking you just indicate when you will be arriving at the airport and an employee will be waiting for you in the ‘Departures’ section of the airport. You can leave your keys with the employee and he or she will drive your car to the secured parking while you can go ahead and check in. No loss of time, no worries.
When arriving at Alicante airport, subsequently an employee will be waiting for you again, with your car, so you can quickly drive to your home at the Costa Blanca! After booking, one simple phone call at the moment you are at the baggage carousel is enough for your car to be ready for you when you arrive at the ‘Arrivals’ section.
Booking in advance through the booking system of Plane parking (https://www.planeparking.com/en/short-term-booking/) or Seguro Parking is required https://seguroparking.com/index.php?id=15&lang=en
Year subscription including an unlimited number of ‘Drop & Goes’:
Europarking is one of the cheapest providers of parking spots at 1.5 kilometres from the airport of Alicante. This is a short- and long-term parking with 24/7 security that offers space for more than 2500 cars. In addition to a standard shuttle transfer between the parking and the terminal, Europarking offers a Meet & Greet service for a small additional fee. In order to guarantee a parking spot, it’s recommended to book at least 24 hours in advance. This can be done through the Europarking website: https://europarkingalicante.com/reservations/
The day rates depend on your choice for outdoor or indoor parking, with shuttle service or ‘Meet & Greet’. The most affordable option is an outdoor parking spot with shuttle service.
Benniconnect Travel Agency is a transport service that offers shared and private transfers from the airport of Alicante to most cities at the Costa Blanca.
If you choose the standard Airport Shuttle Transfer, you can choose between the Economy Connect shuttle, Express Connect shuttle, Costa Connect shuttle or the South Connect shuttle, which connects most large resorts and destinations at the coast of Alicante and Murcia with the airport.
- Economy Connect shuttle: Shuttle that connects all official tourist accommodations to the airport of Alicante directly or at walking distance. This is the most affordable option.
Locations: Albir, Benidorm, La Cala De Finestrat, Villajoyosa
Rates: starting from €7.50
- Express Connect shuttle: Fast shuttle that connects the most important tourist locations with the airport of Alicante. Maximum 4 stops and 30 minutes waiting time at the airport.
Locations: Benidorm, La Cala de Finestrat, Albir, Alfaz Del Pi, La Nucia & Altea
Rates: starting from €15
- Costa Connect shuttle: This shuttle service brings passengers from the airport of Alicante to the largest tourist destinations at the Costa Blanca (or at walking distance). The average waiting time at the airport is 45 minutes. Locations: Calpe, Benissa Costa, Benitachell, Javea, Moraira, Denia, La Jara/ la Xara
Rates: starting from €20
- South Connect shuttle: This is Beniconnect’s latest service that brings passengers from the airport of Alicante to all official tourist accommodations, or at walking distance from those destinations, at the South of the Costa Blanca. The average waiting time at the airport is approximately 45 minutes. Locations: Ciudad Quesada, La Marina Urbanización (San Fulgencio), Guardamar del Segura, Torrevieja, Punta Prima, Playa Flamenca, Villamartin, Cabo Roig, La Zenia, San Pedro Del Pinatar, Pilar De La Horadada
Rates: starting from €18
In addition, Beniconnect offers private transfers between the airport of Alicante and important tourist destinations at the Costa Blanca (north and south). You can choose between a standard taxi, minivan, or a larger vehicle, depending on the number of persons. Beniconnect also offers VIP vans with free WIFI and water, plus vans adjusted to disabled persons.
Rates: Rates vary, depending on the type of vehicle you choose and the destination. The standard rate for a private shuttle for 4 persons starts around €60.
For more information, please check the website of Beniconnect: https://www.beniconnect.com/
Of course you can also grab a taxi when you arrive at the airport of Alicante. Rates depend on the taxi company, the size of the car, and your destination, but usually start from €45 (on average) for a private taxi for 4 persons.
In short, there are numerous options available to bring you from the airport of Alicante to your home at the Costa Blanca or vice versa. You simply choose the option that best fits your needs. And then leave for your holiday without a care or safely return home.